The ultimate beetroot salad
This salad can be enjoyed every day! It is healthy and delicious. Eat baked beetroot with your greens and creamy feta, sprinkle with seed for more healthy food. Video recipe:
Beetroot is a super-food – it is full with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
For 1 serving:
1 baked beetroot
10-15 mixed salad leaves (rocket, spinach etc)
1 handful of feta type cheese
2-3 tsp of grainy mustard
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds to sprinkle
1.Prepare ahead your raw beetroots, wash it and peel off the skin. Cut beetroot in quarters, drizzle with olive oil, wrap in foil and bake at 200 C / 390 F hot oven for about an hour until soft (check with fork). Cool the beetroot. You can make this salad with store-bought precooked beetroot too. Or you can grill or boil it.
2. Place the salad leaves on the round serving plate, going near the edges.
3. Place about 3 beetroot pieces on the leaves.
4. Place the feta type cheese near the beetroot pieces.
5. Spread the grainy mustard on the beetroot pieces.
6. Sprinkle the seeds on top of the salad. You can use any seeds – sunflower, pumpkin, sesame or chopped walnuts instead.